Friday, October 28, 2011

Initial Concept for the Direction of Assignment2

To envised my model, first thing I’m going to compare the Klein Bottle House with the Dome House, and then I will show the differences and features of those two buildings on my envision house.

First of all, the Klein Bottle House and Dome House are all residential house, so I will envised a residential house model, and I will mainly focus on the circulation function, privacy and publicity of the house, and different materials used for different purpose.

Then, two chosen buildings from designer are analysis further more. The Klein Bottle House is located on heavily ti-treed sand hills adjacent the ocean beach in Rye. Its spiral configuration is a spatial device which responds to the difficult topography. The concept it is used ‘Klein Bottle’ which by passing the spiral back though itself the house. the form/shape of the Klein Bottle House is very complicated, as I pretend my client is a old couple so the appearance of the building is no need to be so unique. I will mainly focus on the function and everything changed will be very fit with the new model. My the other chosen building from the chosen architect is which is the Dome House, the most distinct thing is that it uses different materials to show a totally different feelings of interior and exterior of the building. The exterior looks physical, and natural as it is surrounded by trees and plants, the main materials used are marble, stone, brick and glass. However, the interior presents a different feeling which is made by minimalism design, simple materials and unity color make the whole building looks very modern, and therefore, people will focus on the function or circulation of the house.

To sum up, two chosen building brings me different ideas and inspirations to envies my own house model, I will keep work on my own design and think about those two buildings deeply and to learn something useful for me from the architect.  


No comments:

Post a Comment