Sunday, August 14, 2011

Review


At this stage, I’ve developed my creatures and environment which includes exterior and interior. When I was doing these works, all the ideas were based on my previous chosen designers and architecture. My chosen designers were Chenchow Little Architect. Chenchow Little is an architectural practice based in Sydney, Australia, since 1994. The practice has worked on a wide variety of projects including residential, retail and commercial. More recently the practice has focused on contemporary residential work. As a result, my interior environments which were made in 3ds Max were based on their residential works.


Before I input my work input the computer, the fundamental thing was doing the SKETCH and I think sketch on the paper is crucial step for design work. Therefore, I did many sketches for my models and environments and these sketches brought me any inspirations and ideas, and this leading a guide to my input work. Meanwhile, the input work is not simple as sketching, there would meet many difficulties and problems during the work, for instance, a big problem I met was that I couldn’t put my environment model into AR, when I was doing that, AR just show the grid of 3ds Max but my model was disappear. This is the problem I should figure it out in later work.


My exterior environment model took me long time to develop as well as I enjoy the result very much so all hard works become worthy. The themes of environment are mysterious and nature. The inspirations come from my chosen designers and designer’s work and my paper model. Firstly, I did lots of research for my chosen designers, Chenchow Little Architect, I tried to find out the background of their architecture and this gives me inspirations to develop my own design. Secondly, I wrote down ten key words which are related to my selected buildings for each one and my developed environment models were based on these words. Thirdly, I did sketches using imagine as possible as I can. After that, I input my works and make the developed model in 3ds Max. Finally, medication and refining are important to my design and I often look back of research I have done before to connect with the designers ideas and to develop and reinforce my ideas.


I have improved my skill in design work and computing application during doing those series of works. I kept updated my blog to show a sequence of my works and these make a good foundation for my completing design.

No comments:

Post a Comment